Help us keep families together
Right now, on the U.S. border, thousands of children have been forcibly separated from their families as they attempted to migrate to the U.S.
But this is not just happening in the United States.
Separation from families, caused by migration, is happening all over the world.
In fact, nearly 30 million children globally are displaced from their homes and communities, as they flee violence and persecution, escape poverty, and seek freedom and safety. Their journeys are often dangerous and threatening, with some children making the journey alone without their parents, or others forced to separate from their parents. Refugees and migrants often go missing with large numbers being kidnapped, trafficked, abused or murdered.
With your help, we can tackle dangerous child migration
Family for Every Child is a group of children’s charities from across the globe, working together to build a world in which every child can grow up in a loving and supportive family. Family separation as a result of migration is a key challenge that we are working to address.
‘Children on the Move’ is just one of our projects around the world for which we are urgently asking for your support. It will help us build solutions to the violence impacting children and families so no one is forced to flee their home. It will also support us in finding ways to protect children from the abuse, exploitation and threats facing them on their journeys; as well as ways to support the children that arrive in their destination country to stay with their families. The project is led by our members in Mexico, Guatemala and the United States.
Elsewhere, across Africa, Asia, Europe and Australasia, our member organisations are working both to tackle the root causes of forced migration; as well as providing programs and policies to support families to stay together for those who have already made the move to a new country.
Help us tackle dangerous child migration by making a one-off or regular donation today, and you’ll be changing the future of children and families around the world.
Our promise to you
Our vision is a world where every child can grow up in a safe and caring family.
With your support we have helped changed the lives of many vulnerable children and their families – that will always be our priority.
We know that you want to change children’s lives and expect us to spend your money wisely on behalf of children and their families. We also know that media coverage on how charities spend your money can sometimes be unsettling. That’s why we wanted to share our promise to you.
- We will always tell you about how you are helping to change children’s lives so you know how your money is being spent.
- We will never phone you unless you have expressed an interest in our work and given permission to call.
- We will always check first that you’re happy to speak to us when we phone.
- We will never sell or share your data to anyone else without your permission*
- If you tell us you don’t want to hear from us again, or want to hear from us less, we will respect that.
- We sometimes work with professional fundraising organisations to assist us in raising funds to help vulnerable children. Each agency is required to work to a high standard and monitored on a regular basis.
- All our fundraising partners are contractually obliged to comply with the Fundraising Codes and with this Promise.
- We do not share your details with any other charities or to third parties for their own purposes.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection.
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and the children and families you help to support.
- We will not put pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.