Local action, global reach
We are local people working on the front line to change the lives of children and families in our own communities. Because we are part of the very communities we are working to help, we truly understand the challenges that need to be faced and develop diverse solutions for tackling them.
This leads to us helping tens of thousands of children and families around the world, but in very different ways depending on what is most needed. For example:
- In India, we have helped over 3200 children living on the street with support ranging from food to education.
- In the Philippines, we’ve worked with over 5000 children to prevent and treat sexual abuse over the last three years.
- In Ghana, we’ve rescued over 1700 children from modern slavery.
By supporting Family for Every Child, you are helping us to collectively touch the lives of tens of thousands of children around the world every year.
You can learn more about our impact by reading our annual report.
As well as the work we do in our local communities, by coming together as a global alliance we also develop research, exchange practice, help in crises, and campaign for rights around the world. All of this is underpinned by our unique experiences drawn from working on the front line with children and families.
Some of our collaborative impacts include:
- Developing cross-border research with children in Germany, Greece and Lebanon to be able to better support the needs of children on the move across Asia and Europe.
- Building our international Blue Umbrella Day campaign to draw attention to the issue of sexual violence affecting boys.
- Deploying a rapid humanitarian aid during the COVID-19 crisis through a joint emergency fund.
You can learn more about our collaborative work by reading our annual report.