Together for children
We are an alliance of organisations from around the world with a unique understanding of the challenges of children and families in our communities.
Our vision is a world where every child can grow up in a permanent, safe and caring family. We work to achieve this vision through a global network of national civil society organisations that mobilises knowledge, skills and resources. We also support temporary, quality alternative care where needed.
At Family we strongly believe:
- The best place for a child to grow up, regardless of background or circumstance, is in a safe, caring and permanent family.
- Children should have at least one protective, responsible adult who cares for them in their own home – preferably a parent or, if this is not possible, a family member.
- Keeping families together is a priority and more support must be provided for those who need it.
- A range of quality alternative care options must be made available for children who cannot be cared for by their parents.
- Decisions about children’s care should be made in their best interests, appropriate to their individual circumstances, and involving children and families.
- Children in alternative care should remain as close as possible to their home communities.
We are Family
We are 35 organisations from 32 countries across the world united by our common vision of a world where every child can grow up in a permanent, safe and caring family.
We are thought leaders, innovative practitioners and social entrepreneurs leading organisations with a proven track record in child care and protection. We listen to the voices and needs of the children and families that we work with.
Our Board of elected members and international experts oversees the delivery of our strategy and ensures Family’s good governance.
Our General Assembly
We gather once a year at our General Assembly to guide Family’s mission, set our strategic direction, share learning and exchange practice.
Access our policies, annual reports and financial reviews here.
I see magic in the future of Family because we are going to grow and create lasting change for children worldwide.
Rekha Nathoo, Director, CINDI, South Africa
We invite new members to join our network following a detailed regional and country level scoping process. However, you can express your interest to join us by getting in touch with our Secretariat. We are always interested to hear from like-minded organisations!
Family for Every Child is a global alliance supported by a secretariat that works virtually around the globe. We are a registered charity in the UK as charity no. 1149212 and company no. 08177641.
Due to the nature of our work, we are unfortunately unable to advise or intervene in individual child protection cases. We strongly advise you to get in touch with the relevant child protection department in your country to get the support that you need and deserve as soon as possible.
You can find a full list of our current members and details about their work in the members section of our website. Feel free to contact them directly if you would like to find out more about their work.